Cultivate learning that advances everyone; people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and you
Learn how to use, access, and facilitate continued training and education through THINK+change’s menu of options.
Have you found yourself struggling with disability-focused training ideas and resources to help support your team and the individuals you serve? Or perhaps you have little to no budget or even time to create provocative and relative content that represents important issues, trends, or challenges affecting providers of community services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)? We’ve got you covered! THINK+change, The Arc of Aurora’s training and education program, strives to change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives. THINK+change TALKS, TRAININGS, and TOOLS offer many no-cost resources for case management agencies, program-approved service agencies (PASA), direct support professionals, and other disability businesses.
This no-cost presentation will help you better understand how to:
- Improve employee TRAININGS options including self-paced and on-demand courses, vodcasts/podcasts, and microlearning;
- Increase crucial conversations with employees via no-cost TALKS (mini-documentaries) to help spur dialogue, recognize inclusion, and understand the unique challenges and successes people with disabilities and their families face; and
- Integrate the use of TOOLS to reinforce learning so employees have a better understanding of interacting and supporting people with IDD.
You will leave the presentation with a basic understanding of how to use, access, and facilitate continued training and education through THINK+change’s menu of options, the majority of which are available at no cost.
- A 45-minute, self-paced, video slide-based presentation;
- Members of The Arc of Aurora team as your presenters; and
- Closed captioning in English.
Who should take this course
- Professionals that serve, support, and/or create policy and programs for people with disabilities;
- Community Centered Board (CCB) and Single Entry Point (SEP) employees; and
- Program Approved Services Agency (PASA) staff.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.